Of all the chores, cleaning a dirty oven is more boring. Sweeping a sponge between fat residues and burnt food deposits is not enough to restore it to its former purity. There may also be a temptation on the scale of the task to postpone washing, which doesn’t always add to the dirt that already exists! Fortunately, you can rely on the right cleaners to remove stubborn stains and use effective degreasing tricks. Of all the small techniques that help clean your oven in one step, this trick that makes the most of cleaning alone overnight is certainly the smartest, most practical, and most appreciated.
The benefits of this trick for cleaning your oven
To use it, you need a pot, white wine vinegar and a night’s sleep to rest and dream about your own oven. So we forget about chemical maintenance products that are not very ecological, uneconomical and dangerous to health, as well as long scrubbing hours. This trick does not require a complicated recipe or effort. And besides, it is much less energy intensive than pyrolysis. Are you ready to test?
What is needed:
-Boiler of water
-White vinegar and dishwashing detergent
1) First of all Preheat the oven to 80 ° C.
2) Put the water to warm up in the pot during heating.
3) When the oven is hot, turn it off.
4) Place the vinegar container filled with vinegar on the top plate. Next, add the water pan to the bottom of the oven and then close the oven.
(You can also boil water directly with vinegar and put it in the oven.)
5) All you need is let it work overnight. There is nothing else to do at the moment!
6) Open the oven door the next day to allow the vinegar vapors to escape. Do not hesitate to open the window if the smell bothers you.
7) Then remove the water pan and Collect a container of vinegar. Add dishwashing detergent and use this product to rub different parts of the oven (walls, etc.). You can then rinse and dry.
However, we do not recommend mixing with baking soda because the two products neutralize each other (i.e., the foam). However, you can sprinkle baking soda directly into the oven and rub with a sponge dipped in vinegar. It’s more effective this way because they have less time to neutralize themselves and you can benefit from the “mechanical” effect of the foam on the dirt!
Why does this trick work so well for cleaning the oven?
Vinegar itself is already very effective in degreasing and stains from the oven, especially when preheated. Boiling water, but also heating the oven will help forms vinegar vapor which works here for several hours. this enables softens and melts the fat stuck in the oven.
Good to know: if you don’t have vinegar, lemon juice has the same properties and has the advantage of a better aroma. In addition, you can heat a bowl of vinegar or lemon water in the microwave to clean it.